All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSelf-portraiture is a remarkably rich and varied genre, acting for centuries as a means for artists to explore their inner and outer selves. This book looks deeper into the motives and thoughts that lie behind the creative process. It also balances the goals of technical proficiency and emotional authenticity so the artist is better equipped to make a compelling self-portrait. Written by identical twins, it offers a personalized, practical, and theoretical guide to this most powerful of art forms. This book looks at the whole creative process involved in making a self-portrait, with extended step-by-step demonstrations following three differing approaches to self-portraiture. With an emphasis on the use of good observational skills, expressive paint use, and a highly practical and critical self-analysis, this guide also offers a thorough cultural and theoretical review of the history and categorization of the self-portrait, as well as an analysis of two master self-portraits.
- Author BiographyAndrew James has won many prestigious awards and is a member of the Royal Society of Portrait Painters. Paul James has written for several publications and is currently an art teacher in New York City.
- Author(s)Andrew James,Paul James
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine292 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.