All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhoto-realism, abstraction, portraiture, installation painting, neo-expressionism and the Leipzig School are just some of the areas of this thriving medium explored in Painting Today. This comprehensive survey of contemporary painting presents the broad range of styles, materials and methods that comprise the artform, extending the tradition of Phaidon's trail-blazing Art Today. Since the proclaimed 'death of painting' in 1968, artists around the globe have nevertheless continued to expand its imagery, techniques and meanings, and in over 500 illustrations this book presents the work of both famous and emergent painters active around the world. Tony Godfrey presents a lively and authoritive view of the vast range of possibilities that painting today encompasses.
- Author BiographyTony Godfrey is Director of Research at Sotheby's Institute of Art. He has worked at Sotheby's Institute since 1989, and since 2006 he has also been a Professor of Fine Art at Plymouth University. He has published regularly on contemporary art, publishing a book on painting, The New Image: painting in the Eighties in 1986, a book on drawing, Drawing Today in 1990 and a book on Conceptual Art, Conceptual Art in 1998 (also published by Phaidon), and frequently reviewing exhibitions for The Burlington Magazine.
- Author(s)Mr Tony Godfrey
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2767 g
- Width250 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine40 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.