Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionWater is often the element in a landscape painting that has the most impact but capturing it is t always easy. This inspirational and practical book makes it achievable for everyone.Christian presents finished paintings, sketches and step-by-step projects to help readers perfect their compositional and observational skills, as well as demonstrating the technical aspects of successfully capturing the glory of water.This title includes all aspects of painting water in watercolour, including how to analyse and interpret what you see, the importance of preparation, advice on composition, colour and tone, and what to do when a painting goes wrong.Written in a clear and approachable style, the reader will learn how to create vibrant finished paintings with Christian's guidance and a little practice.
- Author BiographyChristian Wharton studied art in Paris and London after receiving an MA from St Andrews University. For the last 20 years she has devoted herself to the study of water in watercolour, has held four solo exhibitions in London, and has paintings in public and private collections all over the world. Christian lives in Skelmersdale in Lancashire.
- Author(s)Christian Wharton
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication29/12/2007
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNewton Abbot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid & Charles
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.