Painting With Light: Light Art Performance Photography by Joerg Miedza, Jan Leonardo Woellert (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.14Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPainting With Light is a unique form of art using light as the medium, which was invented and developed by the authors of the book. Unlike other types of light painting, Light Art Performance Photography (LAPP) doesn't just illuminate existing objects but also creates its own subjects-constructed entirely of light and captured photographically. LAPP pieces are usually shot at night using long exposure times and require the photographer to capture complex sequences of precisely choreographed movements. In addition to the shapes and colors produced by manipulating light, the immediate surroundings are essential to every LAPP piece and play a primary role in creating the atmosphere of each scene. The defining characteristic of LAPP is the harmony between the background and the harsh light often used to produce the individual image elements. The symbiosis between photographer and performer gives each work a degree of reproducibility that is essential if it is to be accurately restaged at a later time. LAPP is one of the first forms of light art to gain widespread attention, and uses real-world surroundings combined with transient, light-based elements to produce its unique effects and microenvironments. The first part of the book describes the evolution of LAPP as told by its originators, while the middle section goes on to present spectacular, large format LAPP images together with information on how the individual scenes were created. The final section offers a workshop that uses sample projects to explain the LAPP creation process.
- Author BiographyJoerg Miedza spent a number of years creating movies using special techniques, including using a remote controlled car to film from a ground-level perspective and producing stop motion films. The skills he acquired working with motion pictures have allowed him to contribute significantly to the performance aspect of LAPP photography. His love of electronic music from the early synth-pop age helps him create the perfect mood for displaying his images by combining them with suitable sounds. When JanLeonardo Woellert began working as a photographer, he took photos only at night. During this period he developed new techniques in the fields of light drawing and so-called dark night photography, illuminating and accentuating his subjects with portable spotlights and torch lights. In 1998 he became an assistant to photographer Stefan Meyer-Bergfeld in Oldenburg, Germany, where he learned the craft of large-format landscape photography. In 2004 he entered into digital photography and since then has taken more than 10,000 longtime exposures at night.
- Author(s)Jan Leonardo Woellert,Joerg Miedza
- PublisherRocky Nook
- Date of Publication19/04/2011
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRocky Nook
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.