All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBaseball and the people who live and breathe it will seem closer and more vivid than ever. Painting the Corners Again is Bob Weintraub's second marvelous collection of baseball stories. It goes directly to the core of what America's pastime does for us when we watch it being played on the field. Weintraub shows us that baseball has its heroes and its villains, and that they can reach into a person's life and remain a part of us for the rest of our days. Told from various perspectives, Painting the Corners Again offers the personal experiences of the baseball player, manager, general manager, coach, scout, owner, writer, broadcaster, and fan. Each strives for its own sense of authenticity and is full of characters that we recognize and want to spend time with. In this collection, the author digs beyond the statistics and numbers that sometimes dominate our view of a sport to get to the true humanity of baseball. W. P. Kinsella, author of Shoeless Joe (the vel on which Field of Dreams was based) says, Weintraub has executed a triple play: savvy baseball writing, unforgettable characters, and a home run ending for each tale. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction--vels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyBob Weintraub grew up in the Dorchester area of Boston. He is a graduate of Brandeis University and Boston University School of Law. His stories have appeared in Spitball, NINE: A Journal of Baseball History and Culture, Fenway Fiction, the Sun: A Magazine of Ideas, Response, and 96 Inc. He resides in Newton, Massachusetts, with his wife, Sandra.
- Author(s)Bob Weintraub
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication10/02/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYucca Publishing
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.46
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.