All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe nude has inspired artists for centuries and continues to inspire us today. Alongside a historical study of the nude in painting, this book introduces oil paint and gives advice on techniques when using this challenging and rewarding medium. Capturing the beauty of form and the delicate colours of the figure, it celebrates the powerful images that examine human relationships, personality and psychology. Some of the topics included in this book are instructions on materials, the colour palette and stretching your own canvas; the practicalities of working with a model in the studio; colour-mixing exercises that explore colour relationships and temperature, and finally step-by-step examples that demonstrate the progression of a painting.
- Author BiographyAdele Wagstaff divides her time between the studio and teaching courses in drawing and painting. Her work is based on direct observation, her focus being the human figure, portrait and still life. She exhibits widely and her work is held in collections throughout Europe. Adele has also written Painting Still Life in Oils for Crowood.
- Author(s)Adele Wagstaff
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/01/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note152 colour images
- Weight482 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.