Painting with Metro: How a Crippled Racehorse Rescued Himself (and Me) with a Paintbrush by Ron Krajewski (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith all the magic and wonder of a Disney movie, Painting with Metro: How a Crippled Racehorse Rescued Himself (and Me) with a Paintbrush by Ron Krajewski (with New York Times best-selling author Susy Flory) tells an inspirational story. Ron is a shy, Gulf War Air Force veteran. Metro Meteor is a feisty, bad-kneed two-year-old Thoroughbred racehorse destined for the slaughterhouse. An unlikely pairing, the two bonded through art: creating stunning abstract paintings to be exact. Each painting brought much needed strength and hope, plus a new lease on life to both man and horse. For Metro, painting became an escape from a death sentence; for Ron it meant overcoming his extreme introversion. Today, Metro and Ron have used their fame to highlight the perilous nature of the racing industry. Thousands of Thoroughbreds are bred for racing each year, but only five to ten percent ever see a racecourse. Unless they are lucky eugh to find ather career, these horses are disposed of. To date, Metro's paintings have raised over $50,000 for New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program, and he and Ron are regulars on TV, radio, and print, spreading the message that every horse deserves a loving home.
- Author BiographyRon Krajewski, a professional artist, took up drawing to pass the time while stationed with the Air Force in Saudi Arabia during the first Gulf War. Ron is committed to raising awareness for Racehorse Adoption, and he has raised over $50,000 for the New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program. Ron and Metro have been featured on The Today Show, Good Morning America, ESPN, Time Magazine, and NPR. Ron lives with his wife in Gettysburg, PA. Susy Flory is the New York Times best-selling coauthor of Thunder Dog: The True Story of a Blind Man, His Guide Dog, and the Triumph of Trust at Ground Zero (Thomas Nelson, 2011). Susy lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and two children. She holds degrees from the University of California, Los Angeles, in English and psychology and has a background in journalism, education, and communications.
- Author(s)Ron Krajewski
- PublisherNew Horizon Press Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationFall Hills
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Horizon Press Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteColor photos
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.