About this product
- DescriptionPajaro Verde, the dream-like story of an enchanted prince and nine curious sisters, is w available in paperback. Winner of an IPPY award, Pajaro Verde tells of a green bird who proposes marriage to a young girl named Mirabel. She only has two eyes, but her sisters each have a different number of eyes, beginning with the oldest, who has nine, down to the youngest, with just one. Though they mock Mirabel and her mother forbids it, Mirabel s steadfast vision sees past the bird to a handsome prince, and she marries him! What happens next can only happen in a fairy tale!Bilingual storyteller Joe Hayes received an AESOP Accolade from the Children s Folklore Section of the American Folklore Society for Pajaro Verde.
- Author BiographyJoe Hayes is one of America's premier storytellers. He grew up in a small town in southern Arizona where he learned Spanish from his classmates. As he got older, Joe began gathering old stories from the Southwest. Joe has earned a distinctive role as a bilingual storyteller. Antonio Castro L. was born in Zacatecas, Mexico and has lived in the Juarez-El Paso area for most of his life. He has illustrated dozens of childrens' books including Pajaro Verde and Treasure on Gold Street.
- Author(s)Joe Hayes
- PublisherCinco Puntos Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCinco Puntos Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width215 mm
- Height283 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Antonio Castro L
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.