Palabra Abierta: Student Text by Maria Isabel Rodriguez, Jill L. Pellettieri, M. Cecilia Colombi (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $148.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPalabra abierta, 2/e, is a theme-driven and process-based Spanish composition text designed to develop advanced students' critical-thinking skills and academic writing proficiency. Through a functional grammar approach students learn about a variety of genres, with a particular focus on the academic essay. Each chapter explores multiple aspects of a common theme through various written genres and teaches students about functional components that constitute each of the genres presented. Each chapter also includes one model essay that demonstrates the genre in which students will be asked to compose. Readings and activities provide students with the appropriate vocabulary, linguistic structures, and writing strategies to allow them to meaningfully engage in chapter topics as well as diversify and expand their writing skills.
- Author BiographyJill Pellettieri is an Associate Professor of Spanish at Santa Clara University. Her areas of expertise include second language acquisition, computer-assisted language learning, and second language writing. In addition to RUMBOS and other Spanish instructional texts and materials, she also authors the best-selling PLAZAS Workbook. M. C. Colombi holds a Ph. D. from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and is a Professor of Spanish Linguistics and Language Program Associate Director at UC, Davis. Her research interests include educational linguistics and sociolinguistics with emphasis on Spanish in the United States. Recent publications include Mi lengua: Spanish as a Heritage Language in the U.S., coedited with Ana Roca (GUP: 2003), Developing Advanced Literacy in First and Second Language, coedited with Mary Schleppegrell (LEA, 2002); Palabra abierta, coauthored with Jill Pellettieri and Mabel Rodriguez (Houghton Mifflin, 2007), La ensenanza del espanol a hispanohablantes: Praxis y teoria, coedited with Francisco X. Alarcon (Houghton Mifflin, 1997).
- Author(s)Jill L. Pellettieri,M. Cecilia Colombi,Maria Isabel Rodriguez
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- LanguageSpanish & Spanish
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Content Note4 colour illustrations
- Weight552 g
- Width191 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.