All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Palestine Campaign has become one of the most glorified military campaigns of the twentieth century. The last campaign fought by the Ottoman Army, and thus the last act of the once-mighty Ottoman Empire, the Palestine Campaign saw the British Army under General Allenby conquer the Holy Land, forcing the Turkish army back into Europe. Meanwhile the secret Sykes-Picot Agreement ensured the British and French would continue to influence the Middle East for the next 60 years. This front saw some of the most influential stories of the Great War, from T.E. Lawrence's Arab army in the desert, to General Allenby entering Jerusalem on foot in 1917. Palestine and World War I shows how the events of the Great War have left a lasting legacy in the Middle East.
- Author BiographyEran Dolev is Associate Professor of Medicine at Tel Aviv University, Israel, and former Surgeon-General of the Israeli Defence Forces. Sheffy Yigal is Lecturer at Tel Aviv University, Israel, (the Program for Security Studies) and Haifa University (Department of Political Science, Program of National security and Department of History of the Middle East) Haim Goren is Associate Professor of History and Geography at Tel Hai University, Israel.
- Author(s)Eran Dolev,Haim Goren,Yigal Sheffy
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleLibrary of Modern Middle East Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 bw integrated
- Weight576 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.