All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes the history and development of palliative care services in the Republic of Ireland. Written from a multi-professional perspective, the book appeals to anyone with an interest in hospice and palliative care in Ireland. In attempting to explore what is different about Irish palliative care, this book delves into the cultural, religious and social factors particular to modern Ireland, from the historical roots of the Irish palliative care movement through to the publication of the Government's 'blueprint' for the future development of services. Palliative Care In Ireland explores the provision of palliative care services, bereavement, the influence of folklore, holistic care, faith, religion and spirituality, and the important contributions of the voluntary sector. The changing face of Ireland is described and challenges ahead are considered. This is the first book to truly capture the Irish dimension and is essential reading for those in emerging services worldwide where similar challenges are faced and where local and national influences determine the uniqueness of a particular model of service delivery. The book is key reading for students and researchers as well as all those involved in the delivery and management of palliative care services. Contributors include: Jide Afolabi, Maria Bailey, Frank Brennan, David Clark, Sinead Donnelly, Matthew Farrelly, Stephen Higgins, Jacqueline Holmes, Kaye Kealy, Michael Kearney, Ann Keating, Orla Keegan, Christy Kenneally, Philip Larkin, Peter Lawlor, Julie Ling, Anna-Marie Lynch, John McCormack, Regina McQuillan, Michael J. Murphy, Tony O'Brien, Eileen O'Leary, Liam O'Siorain, Maeve O'Reilly, Patrick J Quinlan, Deirdre Rowe, Siobhan Sheehan, Geraldine Tracey, Onja Van Doorslaer, and, Eithne Walsh.
- Author BiographyJulie Ling is Nurse Advisor in Care of the Older Person and Palliative Care in the Department of Health and Children in Dublin. Liam O'Siorain is Consultant in Palliative Medicine at Our Lady's Hospice in Dublin.
- Author(s)Julie Ling,Liam O'Siorain
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleFacing Death
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.