All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPalpable Magic features re-readings and reviews of such late 20th Century poets as Anne Sexton, Larry Levis, Charles Wright, Patricia Goedicke, and Wendell Berry, as well as provides commentaries on poetic craft, the prose poem, and what it means to be a poet. LaFemina's musings on poetry are fascinating and curious; the re-readings are t old grounds covered in old measures but as poems and books seen fresh, candidly, sometimes irreverently but always respectfully. LaFemina is a shrewd critic, and these essays cause us to become necessarily inquisitive and curious. He shows his readers, time and again, that poetry is magical, intense, and necessary to our lives.
- Author BiographyGerry LaFemina directs the Frostburg Center for Creative Writing at Frostburg State University in Frostburg, Maryland, USA where he is an associate professor of English.
- Author(s)Gerry LaFemina
- PublisherStephen F. Austin State University Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStephen F. Austin State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.