All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionPanamarenko (born 1940), one of Belgium's most original and beloved contemporary artists, is an artistic invator and an engineer, working at the borders of science and art. His 1960s happenings put Antwerp on the global art map, but he is w best kwn for his spectacular inventions. These constructions--flying carpets, mechanical birds, backpack helicopters--are frequently the result of rigorous experiment and meticulous calculation. Panamarenko is a witty empiricist, invested in the processes of making and experimenting for their own sakes, and a workbench visionary, as Anders Kreuger calls him in his catalogue essay. <i>Universum</i> surveys Panamarenko's art from its beginnings to the present. Published to accompany a major exhibition at Antwerp's M HKA that brings together objects, drawings, models and editions organized around the three poles of objects, actions and thinking, this beautifully realized volume is a detailed exploration of Panamarenko's mental universe and artistic process.
- PublisherGraphic Matter
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationAntwerp
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintGraphic Matter
- Weight1474 g
- Width230 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.