All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew big books to share with a group!Big books are ideal for use with a large group they are oversized at 14-1/2 x 18 inches. A perfect way to enjoy Holt favorites with many children at once!A collection of endangered animals appear in Bill Martin Jr's rhythmic text with Eric Carle's vibrant images, and all are watched over by our best hope for the future a dreaming child. Also available in big book format: The Colors of UsBy Karen KatzHere are My HandsBy Bill Martin Jr and John Archambault, illustrated by Ted RandIn the Small, Small PondBy Denise Fleming
- Author BiographyBill Martin, Jr. (1916-2004) was an elementary-school principal, teacher, writer, and poet. His more than 300 books, among them the bestselling classics Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?; Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?; Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See?; and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, are a testament to his ability to speak directly to children. Martin held a doctoral degree in early childhood education. Born in Kansas, he worked as an elementary-school principal in Chicago before moving to New York City, where he worked in publishing developing innovative reading programs for schools. After several years, he devoted himself full-time to writing his children's books. He lived in New York until 1993, when he moved to Texas. He lived in the east Texas woods, near the town of Commerce, until he passed away in 2004. Eric Carle is one of America's leading children's book illustrators. In addition to the classic children's books he created with Bill Martin, Jr., he is author and illustrator of The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
- Author(s)Bill Martin
- PublisherHenry Holt & Company
- Date of Publication03/04/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHenry Holt & Company
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width368 mm
- Height457 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Eric Carle
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.