Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing recent avian and swine influenza outbreaks, preparedness against pandemic influenza on national and international scales is of vital importance. With a strong emphasis on practicality, this book covers areas such as influenza epidemiology, virology and immulogy, vaccilogy, pharmaceutical and public health countermeasures, policy issues, biomathematical modelling, ethics and many more. This is an essential text for students in virology, epidemiology, infectious diseases, public health and medical sciences, and for all those involved in pandemic preparedness.
- Author BiographyJonathan Van-Tam, MBE BMedSci (Hons) BMBS DM FFPH FRSPH, is Professor of Health Protection at the University of Nottingham. He graduated in medicine in 1987 and after several years of clinical work, completed academic training in epidemiology and public health, with a special interest in influenza that now spans almost 20 years. He brings a wealth of experience to this book including formative training in influenza under the mentorship of Professor Karl Nicholson, and private sector experience with two major pharmaceutical companies (both manufacturers of neuraminidase inhibitors) and a large European vaccines company. He returned to the public sector in 2007 and was Head of the Health Protection Agency, Pandemic Influenza Office during the most frenetic period of UK preparedness activity from 2004 to 2007. He has served as both Temporary Adviser and Short Term Consultant to the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding pandemic preparedness on numerous occasions, and has also undertaken related scientific work for the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC). He is a serving member of the UK national Scientific Pandemic Influenza Committee (SPI), its Clinical Countermeasures Sub-Group and a member of the newly formed UK Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE).
- Author(s)J. Van-Tam
- PublisherCABI Publishing
- Date of Publication21/12/2012
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWallingford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCABI Publishing
- Content Note37
- Weight950 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.