About this product
- DescriptionMaster story teller Colin Thiele returns to the magical world of the wild pelicans in this outstanding picture story book, illustrated by rewned Australian artist, Peter Gouldthorpe. At rare intervals great floods fill the desert basin of Lake Eyre in Central Australia, and for a while wildlife teems along the shore. But the miracle is short-lived. In the fierce summer heat the lake shrinks, the water turns to brine and the fish die. Birds such as pelicans then face a vast flight across the desert to the southern coast, and many die along the way. Pannikin and Pinta is the story of a pelican family that sets out on that heroic journey. Pannikin & Pinta was shortlisted for the CBCA Book of the Year, Younger Readers, in 2001.
- Author BiographyAustralia's most distinguished writer for children, Colin Thiele, AO, has been a leading author for over forty years. His books, including Storm Boy, The Sun on the Stubble and Blue Fin, have won numerous Australian and international awards and have been made into many classic films, TV series, plays and picture books. Peter Gouldthorpe is the renowned, award-winning illustrator of First Light by Gary Crew (CBCA Picture Book of the Year, 1994), The Lost Diamonds of Killiecrankie by Gary Crew (CBCA Notable Book, 1996) and Norton's Hut by John Marsden (CBCA Notable Book, 1999).
- Author(s)Colin Thiele
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintLothian Children's Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight210 g
- Width230 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Gouldthorpe
- Reading AgeFrom 6 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.