Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1960s he exhorted students at Columbia University to burn their college to the ground. Today he s chair of their School of the Arts film division. Jamal Joseph s personal odyssey from the streets of Harlem to Riker s Island and Leavenworth to the halls of Columbia is as gripping as it is inspiring.Eddie Joseph was a high school hor student, slated to graduate early and begin college. But this was the late 1960s in Bronx s black ghetto, and fifteen-year-old Eddie was introduced to the tenets of the Black Panther Party, which was just gaining a national foothold. By sixteen, his devotion to the cause landed him in prison on the infamous Rikers Island charged with conspiracy as one of the Panther 21 in one of the most emblematic criminal cases of the sixties. When exonerated, Eddie w called Jamal became the youngest spokesperson and leader of the Panthers New York chapter.He joined the revolutionary underground, later landing back in prison. Sentenced to more than twelve years in Leavenworth, he earned three degrees there and found a new calling. He is w chair of Columbia University s School of the Arts film division the very school he exhorted students to burn down during one of his most famous speeches as a Panther.In raw, powerful prose, Jamal Joseph helps us understand what it meant to be a soldier inside the militant Black Panther movement. He recounts a harrowing, sometimes deadly imprisonment as he charts his path to manhood in a book filled with equal parts rage, despair, and hope.
- Author(s)Jamal Joseph
- PublisherAlgonquin Books
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlgonquin Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.91Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.60Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.