Papaya: Biology, Cultivation, Production and Uses by Ravish Choudhary, Ishwar Singh Solanki, Parmeshwar Lal Saran (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $134.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $194.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith coverage that ranges from basic information to advanced research, Papaya: Biology, Cultivation, Production and Uses pulls together the vast literature scattered over various sources into one practical resource. The book provides a solid review of papaya biology, production, and uses supported by color photographs and illustrations. It covers papaya cultivation, botany, genetics, medicinal uses, unfruitfulness, plant protection, and physiological disorders for the first time in considerable detail. This textcomprises advanced information on agromy, breeding, seed production techlogy, scientific crop management issues, and protected cultivation. It discusses papain, papaya products, source of drugs, important nutrients, anti-nutrients, and other commercial compounds produced and used for disease management. Additional background material on the production, processing, uses of papaya, considerations to be taken into account when assessing new varieties of papaya and constituents to be analyzed related to food and feed. Papaya is one of the most nutritious and medicinally important fruits of the tropical region. Scientific papaya cultivation and efficient use of resources hold the real key to providing fresh papaya produce and livelihood security to the masses of developing countries. Thus, the academic and practical kwledge about papaya production is essential to helping you formulate management practices for sustainable agricultural development.
- Author BiographyDr. P. L. Saran holds Master degree in horticulture with gold medal from the Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner (Rajasthan) during 2002 and obtained Ph.D. degree in Fruit Science from CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar (Haryana) in 2005. He has held junior research officer (Horticulture) position at G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pant Nagar from December, 2006 and since March 2012, working as Senior Scientist (Horticulture) at Indian Agricultural Research Institute Regional Station, Pusa, Samastipur (Bihar). Dr. Saran bestowed with Young Scientist Fellowship Award during 2014-15 from the Department of Science and Technology, Science & Engineering Research Board, Government of India, New Delhi. He has authored more than 45 research publications in horticulture field. Dr. I. S. Solanki holds Ph.D. degree in (Genetics) Plant Breeding from Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi during 1991. He has held Assistant Scientist, Scientist and Senior Scientist (Fruit Breeding) positions at CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, India from September, 1980. Currently, he is working as Head, Indian Agricultural Research Institute Regional Station, Pusa, Samastipur (Bihar) since Feburary, 2009. Dr. Solanki bestowed with Best Teacher Award, CCS Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, Rashtriya Gaurav Award, IIFS, New Delhi, Fellow of ISG & PB, New Delhi, ISPRD, IIPR, Kanpur and CHAI, New Delhi. He has released fourteen varieties and registered four germplasm lines in agricultural crops, and authored more than 100 research publications in relevant field. Dr. R. Choudhary holds Master degree in Biotechnology during 2008 and obtained Ph.D. degree in Science from University of Rajasthan, Jaipur in 2012. Currently, he is working as Technical Assistant at Indian Agricultural Research Institute Regional Station, Pusa, Samastipur (Bihar). Dr. Choudhary has authored more than 25 research publications in relevant field.
- Author(s)Ishwar Singh Solanki,Parmeshwar Lal Saran,Ravish Choudhary
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note83 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.