Papers and Proceedings of the General Meeting of the American Library Association: Held at Chicago, Ill;, July 13-11, 1893 (Classic Reprint) by American Library Association Ge Meeting (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Papers and Proceedings of the General Meeting of the American Library Association: Held at Chicago, Ill;, July 13-11, 1893 (At Art Palace, Thursday, July 13.) The Association was called to order at 10 o'clock A.M. by the president, Melvil Dewey, who said he would make formal report and would defer any extended remarks. The proceedings of the last conference as published in the Library journal were approved. Secretary Hill made extemporaneously his secretary's report. The Model Library prepared by the A. L. A. will probably interest more members than will any other exhibit at the fair, and the secretary will therefore confine his report to some of the details of the work of the committee having in hand the matter of installation - details which would t be brought out by the chairman of the committee. My excuse, if any be needed, is that the exhibit is of such importance that it deserves to stand out as one of the prominent features of this year's conference. The work of the A. L. A. Exhibit Committee began in September last. It was carried on very hurriedly and very well, and all the credit belongs to the chairman of the committee, who has in reality made the plan for the large committee, appointed sub-committees, and arranged the work for those committees. She has attended to all details with the Bureau of Education, which has very kindly printed the catalog for us, about which you will hear when she makes her report. Some differences have arisen from time to time, all of which have been settled by the chairman of the committee. Since the 1st of September she has written 610 official letters, besides letters to individual members of the committee and to others of the Association interested in the subject. When the committee found that there would t be eugh money to carry out the plans of the committee unless outside assistance was received, it was the chairman of the committee who started the subscription paper and who raised a fund sufficient to carry on the work at a time when it seemed as though failure was to be our portion. The money which she raised has t all been spent. There is a surplus, I am glad to say - a result which, I very much fear, would t have been obtained had a man had the spending of the money. Those of you who have been here for a few days and who have seen this exhibit will understand what a large amount of headwork has been required to get it into good working order. For the last week or 10 days the chairman of the committee, in company with an assistant, Mr. Burns, of the State Library, Albany, has been at Washington reading proof constantly. They have worked day and night, and worked faithfully in getting out the catalog, a copy of which we hope to show you this week. That part of the work she will tell you about when she makes her report for the committee. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)American Library Association Ge Meeting
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.