All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionParacelsus (1493 1541) spoke in various contexts about the multi-facetted topic of images. As a radical lay theologian, he wrote in the spirit of the Reformation attacking the Roman Church s use of images and outlining the power of faith. As a natural philosopher andphysician, he composed a tract on images which was intended t to instruct readers in the aesthetic enjoyment of images, but to deploy their power and their virtue to explore the world and gain salvation. In his main work Astromia magna, he integrated his ideas of the efficacy of images in an encyclopaedic scientific programme and laid out his expectations of the true artist.
- Author BiographyKarl Moseneder, Friedrich-Alexander-Universitat Erlangen-Nurnberg.
- Author(s)Karl Moseneder
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleFra1/4he Neuzeit
- Series Part/Volume Number140
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.