Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAs the United States (US) continues operations to neutralize terrorist activity and prepare its military for future hybrid threats, operations to target enemy leadership, in a counterinsurgency environment, have grown in complexity and importance. Over time, insurgent networks have adapted their evasion techniques to counter a superior techlogical foe. Insurgent networks are providing protected seclusion, constant surveillance, and disruption effects while gaining information superiority. Operating as a network has allowed the Taliban and other terrorist organizations to resource and train a force capable of operating without hierarchy orders. Terrorist organizations have capitalized on social networking to evade existing counterterrorism. Identifying and locating high payoff targets (HPTs) or high value targets (HVTs) remain key factors for achieving counterinsurgency success. Counterinsurgency is effective when the insurgency is controlled by the geographical terrain. Today's, insurgent networks operate globally while targeting efforts to apprehend these insurgents are confined to the geographical location of the military force executing operations. Given the global expansion of localized insurgent networks, the US military must establish networks to target insurgent leadership on a global scale. To do so, the US military must adapt doctrine, organization, and training to develop hunting teams within conventional counterinsurgency forces.
- Author(s)William H Shoemate
- Date of Publication24/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight159 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.