Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1977, the British were in final stages, shutting down the last Caribbean island colonies of their 350 year empire. That year I took command of Antigua Air Station. We flew right into a never-to-be-repeated time of conversion for West Indies cultures. We were there in the last days, participating first hand in the public life of a proto-nation as Antiguans struggled with the meaning of liberation and consequent responsibility; struggled to find their Spirit of Unity. I had way of kwing that I, too, was in my last days before liberation. I, too, would discover the meaning of true liberation and consequent responsibility; yes, and joy and awe and wonder, too. I, too, would find The Spirit of Unity. It was there that God's plan overtook me. Paradise Commander sets the stage and reveals, chapter by chapter, the steady unfolding of radical change; political and cultural conversion for the island peoples and religious conversion for me. In the Associated State of Antigua and Barbuda, the meek were about to inherit the earth.
- Author BiographyLt Colonel Hughes, (USAF retired) holds an M.S. (with distinction) in Systems Management from the Air Force Institute of Technology, an M.M. in Pastoral Ministry from Seattle University (Jesuit) and a Certificate in Spiritual Direction. He taught adults for 25 years as a Catholic catechist and retreat master.
- Author(s)Albert E Hughes
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.