All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt the heart of South America, Paraguay is a bewildering blend of contrasts. The colonial capital, Asuncion, w has a burgeoning bar and cafe scene, while its eastern counterpart, Ciudad del Este, is a neon-swathed boomtown. Yet dig a little deeper and a different picture emerges: Jesuit ruins echo with centuries of history, rural families keep craft traditions alive and everything stops as people share a leisurely drink of terere. And beyond lies the country's inimitable natural beauty, from butterfly-thronged tropical forests to the rolling fields of the campo and the wild wetlands of the Chaco. With background sections covering the rich history and culture of this hospitable country as well as all the practical information you will need, Margaret Hebblethwaite's Paraguay remains the essential choice for the curious visitor.
- Author BiographyMargaret Hebblethwaite moved to Paraguay in 2000, where she has since established, and continues to run the Santa Maria Education Fund.
- Author(s)Margaret Hebblethwaite
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication17/11/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $24.55Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $13.15Trending at AU $14.68
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.72
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.84
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.71
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $19.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.