Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.37Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $35.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDefinition: Paralian - Ancient Greek meaning 'one who lives by the sea'. Paralian is a memoir narrated through the author's relationship to water. We follow Liam Klenk's tumultuous journey to find his authentic self and happiness against more than a lifetime's worth of adversities. At five months old, Liam was adopted from an orphanage and ushered into a unique journey, which introduced him to the characters that would become both the currents that moved him and the rocks that supported him. Liam, who lives in Zurich with his wife, says: At three years old I began catching odd glances because I was born in a girl's body yet began to introduce myself to people as a boy. Paralian tells the remarkable story of an honest, and at times, challenging life, and offers insight and wisdom from a fluid position - from experience. Liam reveals how exploring the world helped him find a home inside his own body and spirit. Through this ultimately heartwarming and inspiring story, readers learn how Liam never gave up, faced his fears, and always managed to find positivity in each trauma. Written with an engaging sense of humour, this memoir of transcendence and finding oneself will appeal to those who enjoy true stories of courage, resilience, and dedication in the face of adversity. Paralian celebrates life with infectious strength and positivity. Follow Liam's journey from a small river in Germany to the biggest performance pool in the world, from Switzerland to the US, the Maldives to Macau.
- Author BiographyLiam Klenk has travelled around the world, enjoyed a variety of careers and lived in many countries searching for somewhere to feel truly at home. Liam was propelled on his seemingly relentless travels by a quest for understanding of himself, the world around him and the cultures that he interacted with along the way. And now...? Well now, Liam says: I am dreaming of becoming a full-time author. I am dreaming of giving TED talks and the like in the future, of sharing my positive outlook on life without being patronising, political or esoteric, nor demanding sympathy. Maybe I can even make a very, very tiny bit of difference in a few people's lives.
- Author(s)Liam Klenk
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication28/05/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.30
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.