All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaching fundamental design concepts and the challenges of emerging techlogy, this textbook prepares students for a career designing the computer systems of the future. In-depth coverage of complexity, power, reliability and performance, coupled with treatment of parallelism at all levels, including ILP and TLP, provides the state-of-the-art training that students need. The whole gamut of parallel architecture design options is explained, from core microarchitecture to chip multiprocessors to large-scale multiprocessor systems. All the chapters are self-contained, yet concise eugh that the material can be taught in a single semester, making it perfect for use in senior undergraduate and graduate computer architecture courses. The book is also teeming with practical examples to aid the learning process, showing concrete applications of definitions. With simple models and codes used throughout, all material is made open to a broad range of computer engineering/science students with only a basic kwledge of hardware and software.
- Author BiographyMichel Dubois is a Professor in the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Southern California (USC) and part of the Computer Engineering Directorate. Before joining USC in 1984, he was a research engineer at the Central Research Laboratory of Thomson-CSF in Orsay, France. He has published more than 150 technical papers on computer architecture and edited two books. He is a Fellow of the IEEE and of the ACM. Murali Annavaram is an Assistant Professor and Robert G. and Mary G. Lane Early Career Chair in the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Southern California, and part of the Computer Engineering Directorate, where he has developed and taught advanced computer architecture courses. Prior to USC, he spent six years at Intel researching various aspects of future CMP designs. Per Stenstrom is a Professor of Computer Engineering at Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden. He has published two textbooks and over 100 technical papers. He has been a visiting scientist at Carnegie-Mellon University, Stanford University and the University of Southern California, and also was engaged in research at Sun Microsystems on its chip-multithreading technology. He is a Fellow of the IEEE and of the ACM and is a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences and the Academia Europaea.
- Author(s)Michel Dubois,Murali Annavaram,Per Stenstrom
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note206 b/w illus. 49 tables 95 exercises
- Weight1350 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.