Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an introductory guide to the four New Testament Gospels as overlapping accounts of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus, each with their own distinctive emphases and concerns. Part One deals first with the fact that there are four Gospels in the can and looks at how the fourfold Gospel emerged. The literary relationships between the Gospels are dealt with next, followed by the composition of the Gospels. Part Two looks at each Gospel, its structure, contents, style and narrative technique, its presentation of Jesus and its particular interests and themes. Part Three, the main section of the book, takes six key events in the life of Jesus, most of which are found in all four Gospels, and examines the parallel versions. The book ends with reflections on the fourfold Gospel and the singular Jesus, including a discussion of key issues relating to the 'historical Jesus'.
- Author BiographyEdward Adams is Senior Lecturer in New Testament Studies at King's College London. He is the author of Constructing the World (T&T Clark 2000) and The Stars Will Fall From Heaven (T&T Clark 2007).
- Author(s)Edward Adams
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.