All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor many parents of troubled teenagers, a therapeutic programme that takes the child from the home for a period of time offers some respite from the daily tumult of playing up, lies and tension that has left the family under siege. However, just as the teenager is embarking on a journey of self-discovery, skill-development and emotional maturation, so parents, too, need to use this time to recognise that their own patterns may have contributed to their family's downward spiral. This is the Parallel Process. Using case studies garnered from her many years as an adolescent and family therapist, Krissy Pozatek shows parents of pre-teens, adolescents and young adults how they can help their children by attuning to emotions, setting limits, t rushing to their rescue and allowing them to take responsibility for their actions, while recognising their own patterns of emotional withdrawal, workaholism and of surrendering their lives and personalities to parenting. As such, THE PARALLEL PROCESS is an essential primer for all parents, whether of troubled teens or t, who are seeking to help the family stay and grow together as they negotiate the potentially difficult teenage years.
- Author BiographyKrissy Pozatek has over ten years experience in wilderness therapy and adolescent treatment.
- Author(s)Krissy Pozatek
- PublisherLantern Books,US
- Date of Publication15/08/2011
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLantern Books,US
- Weight350 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.