Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $138.06Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $148.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last fifteen years GIS has become a fully-fledged techlogy, deployed across a range of application areas. However, although computer advances in performance appear to continue unhindered, data volumes and the growing sophistication of analysis procedures mean that performance will increasingly become a serious concern in GIS. Parallel computing offers a potential solution. However, traditional algorithms may t run effectively in a parallel environment, so utilization of parallel techlogy is t entirely straightforward. This groundbreaking book examines some of the current strategies facing scientists and engineers at this crucial interface of parallel computing and GIS.; The book begins with an introduction to the concepts, termilogy and techniques of parallel processing, with particular reference to GIS. High level programming paradigms and software engineering issues underlying parallel software developments are considered and emphasis is given to designing modular reusable software libraries. The book continues with problems in designing parallel software for GIS applications, potential vector and raster data structures and details the algorithmic design for some major GIS operations. An implementation case study is included, based around a raster generalization problem, which illustrates some of the principles involved. Subsequent chapters review progress in parallel database techlogy in a GIS environment and the use of parallel techniques in various application areas, dealing with both algorithmic and implementation issues.; Parallel Processing Algorithms for GIS should be a useful text for a new generation of GIS professionals whose principal concern is the challenge of embracing major computer performance enhancements via parallel computing. Similarly, it should be an important volume for parallel computing professionals who are increasingly aware that GIS offers a major application domain for their techlogy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/1997
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1020 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byBruce Gittings,Mike J. Mineter,Richard Healey,Steve Dowers
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.