All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionInvations in hardware architecture, like hyper-threading or multicore processors, mean that parallel computing resources are available for inexpensive desktop computers. In only a few years, many standard software products will be based on concepts of parallel programming implemented on such hardware, and the range of applications will be much broader than that of scientific computing, up to w the main application area for parallel computing. Rauber and Runger take up these recent developments in processor architecture by giving detailed descriptions of parallel programming techniques that are necessary for developing efficient programs for multicore processors as well as for parallel cluster systems and supercomputers. Their book is structured in three main parts, covering all areas of parallel computing: the architecture of parallel systems, parallel programming models and environments, and the implementation of efficient application algorithms. The emphasis lies on parallel programming techniques needed for different architectures. For this second edition, all chapters have been carefully revised. The chapter on architecture of parallel systems has been updated considerably, with a greater emphasis on the architecture of multicore systems and adding new material on the latest developments in computer architecture. Lastly, a completely new chapter on general-purpose GPUs and the corresponding programming techniques has been added. The main goal of the book is to present parallel programming techniques that can be used in many situations for a broad range of application areas and which enable the reader to develop correct and efficient parallel programs. Many examples and exercises are provided to show how to apply the techniques. The book can be used as both a textbook for students and a reference book for professionals. The material presented has been used for courses in parallel programming at different universities for many years.
- Author BiographyThomas Rauber has been professor for parallel and distributed systems at the University of Bayreuth since 2002. His research is focusing on algorithms and systems for distributed and parallel programming, on which he published more than 80 papers in journals or conference proceedings. Gudula Runger has been professor at the Chemnitz University of Technology since 2000. Her main research interests are parallel and distributed programming both in theory and applications, and she published more than 80 conference and journal papers on these topics.
- Author(s)Gudula Runger,Thomas Rauber
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication10/07/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight807 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.