All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginating as an installation of three simultaneous projections, this trio of migrant tales conjures up a reality that is far more complex and unnerving than the realities gleaned from newspaper and television reports. Collins places us directly in front of the daily lives of African migrants. Her three protagonists - Pamela, Dewa and Constantine - are people, t symbols, uprooted from a culture that cant sustain them on new soil. This book consists of stills and dialogues taken from the film, following their thoughts, memories and daily lives as they adapt to their new surroundings in spite of diverse origins and destinations.
- Author BiographyArtist, photographer and filmmaker Hannah Collins makes work on the collective experiences of memory, history and the everyday in the modern World. She is known for her photographic installations but has also recently made films with gypsies in Spain and in a village in rural Russia. She has had many international exhibitions and her work is in numerous public and private collections including Tate Modern, Centre Georges Pompidou, MACBA Barcelona, Reina Sofia Madrid, Dallas Museum of Art, and Luxembourg Museum. Hannah Collins lives in Barcelona and London.
- Author(s)Hannah Collins,Ken Shulman
- PublisherActarD Inc
- Date of Publication30/03/2008
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationBarcelona
- Country of PublicationSpain
- ImprintActarD Inc
- Weight1089 g
- Width240 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.