All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoin author Anthony Poulton-Smith on a ghostly tour of his native Staffordshire. Meet Josiah Wedgwood, Lord Robert Marmion, the Earl of Shrewsbury, the Rugeley Poisoner, the Kidsgrove Boggart, Lady Tempest Vane, the Crafty Cockney, a mermaid, pilots, clergy, airmen, doctors, a monkey man, the Gunpowder Plotters and ladies black, white and grey. Staffordshire's theme parks at Alton Towers and Drayton Mar, historical sites such as Shugborough and the Ancient High House, and castles at Stafford, Tutbury and Tamworth all host visitors of the spectral kind. Other spirits are to be found resident in an assortment of pubs, hotels, churches and abbeys. Why the pitiful sobs and feeling of despair near Hanbury? What would cause a white rabbit to weep? Does a murderer still visit every gatepost and stile containing wood from his gibbet? And why does 'Benjie' unroll the paper in the ladies' toilets? Pararmal Staffordshire contains almost a hundred narratives; they will delight the ghost hunters and the spiritualists, make the sceptical think again, and send chills up and down every spine.
- Author BiographyAnthony Poulton-Smith is a prolific writer, who has written many local history books for Amberley and has a particular interest in the origin of place names. He lives in Tamworth, Staffordshire.
- Author(s)Anthony Poulton-Smith
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectThe Paranormal
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note35
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.