All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a must read for all general and special education teachers and paraprofessionals, though anyone who works with children would benefit from reading it. Consider it a playbook for successful behavioral management and collaborative support of a child's educational advancement. Teachers and paraprofessionals are given communication strategies to consider when working together. With the help of the handbook, educators can avoid any confusion or contradictions of teaching methods. Managing behavior and providing academic support to students is also outlined. The book is packed with supplemental material for reuse, including a plethora of strategic checklists and chart templates for recording student data. The second edition provides more! Instructions on effective strategies are supplied with forms and charts to prepare educators. Personal checklists included in the book outline the steps necessary to achieve positive changes in behavior and information retention in students. Other forms and charts organize data to assist in making informed decisions about what techniques will have the best success. Paraprofessionals and teachers are encouraged to take full advantage of having the organizational tools already created for them.
- Author BiographySusan Fitzell, M. Ed, is a dynamic, nationally recognized presenter and educational consultant specializing in special education topics, co-teaching, bullying prevention, adolescent anger management, and practical strategies to increase achievement of ALL students in ALL classrooms. Susan's motto is, Good for all, critical for students who learn differently. With years of experience co-teaching in the general education classroom, Susan possesses a unique understanding of the challenges facing co-teachers and paraprofessionals, and has spent her teaching life developing tools for both child and teacher success. Motherhood has helped her identify with the needs of parents and help them find the best ways to help their children with homework and other critical issues. As a mother, teacher, and martial artist, Susan has over two decades of experience identifying and meeting the needs of youth, especially those with special needs, students with behavioral and anger management issues, and students who experience bullying. Susan's work focuses on building caring, inclusive school communities and helping students and teachers succeed in the inclusive classroom. Susan's greatest satisfaction comes from helping teachers make a positive impact by using practical, doable strategies that fuel positive, measurable results. Whether she's presenting a one day workshop or delivering long-term consulting, Susan's straight forward, common sense approach always yields positive results.
- Author(s)Susan Gingras Fitzell M Ed
- PublisherCogent Catalyst Publications
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCogent Catalyst Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.