All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is about an industry that provides fast, reliable, on-demand, global door-to-door movement of goods. Author gives the information a practical orientation that will be useful to college business students and transportation professionals. Novice interested in the parcel delivery industry will find the book a valuable source of information. Section I, provides a brief history of the parcel delivery industry, the dominant carriers, and issues critical to the effective purchase and use of their services. Key topics covered in Section II are, basic packaging guidelines, packaging materials, packaging testing, and implementing a vendor compliance program. Section III outlines basic guidelines managers can use to lower shipping costs and increase their company's competitiveness. Key topics discussed are, selecting a carrier, audit and payment firms, accessorial charges, size and weight restrictions, loss and damage claims, and contracting. Material presented in Section IV, Appendices and Section V, Glossary Shipping Terms is supplemental information.
- Author BiographyWilliam T. Dennis has over forty years of knowledge in the fields of freight transportation and third-party logistics management through education and work experience. His work history includes over twenty-five years with a major rail carrier, where he supervised and managed railroad yard operations in the Baltimore, Maryland terminal and railroad traffic control installation projects in Huntington, West Virginia. He is with a nationally recognized logistics industry leader, headquartered in New Freedom, Pennsylvania. William holds a B.S. from Capitol College and an M.B.A. from Marshall University. William is a member of Independent Book Publishers Association and MidAtlantic Book Publishers Association.
- Author(s)William T Dennis
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTransport: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.