Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe contents of this book cut across different facets and stages of parenting a child from birth to early adulthood. It will be relevant to people in different parenting stages and others in various fields of life that need more parenting kwledge and understanding. Like any project in life, parenting should have its objectives and goals. The prospective parents should have a picture of the type of family they intend to have. When does childhood cease or begin? The first step for every person who is starting a parenting process should be to provide answers to the above questions. These questions have several answers based on different laws, cultures and situations. The answers will help to provide guidelines and time frame to the parent. Time is longer eugh for parents to devote in children's upbringing and for children to be around for the parents to teach the right virtues. Career and fame pursuit by parents, television addiction, peer groups influence, outside school/home activities, school involvements take most of the time which should have been used for parent-child interaction. The blame of moral degeneration of children has gone beyond parents and teachers. Other factors like the implementation of Government policies on children's rights, societal value systems, poverty, lack of employment, level of corruption and others have also come in to play. As the quality of a building is seen in the strength of the building, the behaviour of an individual is the product of his or her upbringing. For example, a well brought up person is usually honest, hardworking, humble--- and willing to help. Also, persons properly brought up will be able to identify their---eager to listen, learn and share with others. Good upbringing is also about training a child to be a good citizen and an asset to the---. When a child has discovered himself, his time is better devoted in what he loves doing and you may t find him wasting time in destructive habits. Remember, the devil always give work for the idle mind. --success in parenting is determined by the ability to provide balance in academic, physical, social, moral and emotional development--. To be sincere with ourselves, almost every parent feels happy about the positive transition of the children from one level to ather. At the same time, these feelings are both bitter and sweet because of the inevitable separation of the parent-child relationship which existed for some time. This was a period of unique and special relationship dominated by dependency of the children on their parents. The realization of irrelevance in further parenting of their transiting adult children is depressing. The feelings are further worsened by the growing importance and relevance of ather person in the life of these same children. It is a cycle, parents left their parents in the due time, so my advice to jealous parents is to see this phase as rmal and try to prepare adequately for it. Parenting is a project. In life, every project is time based and ends with a sustainability plan. This plan provides continuity. This phase needs some tactful plan, or the empty nest will mark the end of your useful life. Nature does t permit vacuum. If any is created and it is t occupied with useful contents it will immediately be filled with undesirable ones. My sincere advice to young parents is to be friends and to share hobbies with each other so that when alone together, they have something to discuss, share and laugh about. This book and others like it are written to help young and interested parents to find parenting easier. As you read it, the kwledge and understanding of your children's developmental needs will improve. But remember: as the child belongs to you, it is your duty to kw him better than any other person. Your pediatrician is also there to give you expert/professional advice on issues about your child beyond your kwledge and understanding.
- Author BiographyMargaret Udoh is the founder of Youth Reformation and Awareness Centre (YRAC). YRAC has a team which works to close developmental gaps in children. For schools, they provide Training workshops for teachers and equip them with the necessary skills for the 21st century classroom success. She gives awareness lectures to parents on issues that harmonize homes and schools, particularly on types of parental involvement and levels and how to create literacy friendly homes. As a young parent, she was always elected as the Parents, Teachers Association (PTA) president or vice in her children's schools because of her genuine interest and love for children and their well-being. This passion has grown and developed into what she is doing now in her organization. Through this organization, she has imparted positive values into the lives of Nigerian children. She establishes literacy clubs in schools which inculcate every requirement for a holistically educated child. YRAC Publishing is a department for writing and publishing children and family books. Aside from the reading club which provides assistance to successful reading with understanding, the literacy club also provides self-development information through actual teaching of self- concept. Readable manuals are provided for children on time management, etiquettes, study guides, self-understanding, and others. Margaret coordinates over sixty organizations in National Council of Child Rights Advocates of Nigeria (NACCRAN) in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, Nigeria. She believes that the leading cause of Nigerian problem is lack of the knowledge of basic human rights of the citizens. Margaret is an author of family and self-development books. She has granted several inteviews on parenting and education issues to television stations, radio stations, news papers and magazines. She also writes into internet blogs and websites. Margaret has three graduate engineers & one undergrate of engineering.
- Author(s)Margaret T Udoh
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.