Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionParenting Teenagers is invaluable for parents or for anyone filling the parenting role - temporarily or permanently. Bob Myers makes complex theory simple, and explains how to make, maintain, repair and strengthen relationships with teenagers. He encourages adults to take control of the parenting situation by taking control of their own actions and reactions. He seeks to remove conflict from parent-child relationships and identifies the traps that block good communication. Parents, teachers, residential youth workers, social workers, and probation officers will find much in the book to support them in the often difficult task of getting children ready for life as responsible adults. Based on more than twenty years' experience, this very level-headed text is intended for all who have to deal with the needs of adolescents. There are quick-fix solutions here but rather an examination of often complex relationships. Strategies are developed for problem solving and helping the teenager build self-esteem, responsibility and independence while at the same time keeping the carer's sanity. In a friendly, supportive voice and while t minimising difficulties, Myers recommends that patience and perseverance in applying them will gain the desired results in the end.
- Author BiographyBob Myers has, since 1979, been Director of the Brophy Memorial Hostel, where he works with young people who are either homeless or unable to live at home. Some have been severely emotionally damaged and present very challenging behaviours. Bob has adopted the radical approach that solutions to these difficult behaviours have to be found, without the option of expulsion.
- Author(s)Bob Myers
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/1995
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.