All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book shows them a groundbreaking program for parents seeking to reduce their child's inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity and strengthen his or her capacity for self-reliance and cooperation. This unique program promotes positive ways of interrelating and shows parents the five main ways they may have unwittingly reinforced ADHD symptoms in the past. Far from encouraging parents to strictly manage ADHD children, this approach promotes independence in kids so that less discipline and surveillance is necessary. Specifically, this book helps parents promote cooperation, reduce pressure on their child, and ackwledge the child's preference as a way to make cooperation a more attractive, as well as learn to resolve typical ADHD behavioural problems. Parents will learn ways to increase their child's independence and cooperation with schoolwork and compliance in the classroom environment. The child learns the value of being kwledgeable without the motivation of punishment or gift rewards.
- Author BiographyCraig B. Wiener, EdD, is a licensed psychologist and faculty member in the department of family medicine and community health at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. For almost thirty years, he has been working with many individuals diagnosed with ADHD in his private practice.
- Author(s)Craig Wiener
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight276 g
- Width157 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.