All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a child or adolescent is diagsed with bipolar disorder, it's hard for his or her parents to kw exactly what to do. What constitutes an effective therapeutic approach to help their bipolar child navigate childhood and adolescence? In this book, a psychiatrist and a psychologist, both specialising in mood disorders, offer a comprehensive overview of the available treatment options and most effective parenting strategies for dealing with this serious condition. In addition to a thorough explanation of the often necessary medical treatments for bipolar disorder, readers will also learn the importance of emotional regulation in bipolar children. Techniques for dealing with displays of rage, anger and irritability in children are covered. The book also addresses sleep deprivation, one of the most common symptoms of childhood bipolar disorder, and the issues young people with bipolar disorder face in school. Subjects of particular interest to parents of older children and adolescents are covered, such as substance abuse, eating disorders, violence and suicide. All of this information is complemented by advice on parental self-care and integrating the care of the bipolar child with the needs of the rest of the family.
- Author BiographyGianni L. Faedda, MD, is a psychiatrist and psychopharmacologist with an extensive background in research and treatment of manic-depressive illness. Dr. Faedda trained at the Lucio Bini Center in Cagliari and Rome, then at Harvard's McLean Hospital. He was awarded the 1989 and 1990 Ely Lilly Award for Best Research by a Resident. In 1991 he completed a Fellowship in Psychopharmacology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Nancy B. Austin, Psy.D., a graduate of the Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology School/Child Program at Yeshiva University, has been a child psychologist in New York since 1988.
- Author(s)Gianni L. Faedda,Nancy B. Austin
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication30/11/2006
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Out-of-print date12/03/2013
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.