Parenting a Teen Who Has Intense Emotions: DBT Skills to Help Your Teen Navigate Emotional and Behavioral Challenges by Pat Harvey (Paperback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.76Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe teen years can be daunting for any parent. But if you are the parent of a teen who lashes out or engages in troubling behavior, you may be unsure of how to respond to your child in a compassionate, constructive way. In this important book, two rewned experts in teen mental health offer you evidence-based skills for dealing with your teen's out-of-control emotions using proven-effective dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT). Helping your teen to effectively deal with their feelings w can have a lasting, positive impact on their future. After all, honing skills for emotion regulation will act as a foundation for your teen's overall mental health. This book will help your teen gain awareness of their emotions, and offers tools to help them choose how to respond to these emotions in effective ways. If you're at your wit's end and are looking to end the drama while keeping yourself sane in the process, this book will be your guide. It is a must-read for any parent!
- Author BiographyPat Harvey ACSW, LCSW-C, has over thirty years of experience working with families, and now coaches parents of youth and adults with emotion dysregulation using a dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) framework. She facilitates trainings and workshops for mental health professionals on DBT concepts, skills, and family interventions throughout the United States and at national conferences. She is cofounder of the Metro DBT Consortium, and coauthor of Parenting a Child Who Has Intense Emotions and Dialectical Behavior Therapy for At-Risk Adolescents. Britt H. Rathbone. ACSW, LCSW-C, provides mental health services to adolescents and their families in the Washington, DC, area. He has thirty years of experience working directly with adolescents and families, is a top therapist for adolescents, teaches graduate students, trains therapists, and leads a highly regarded and successful clinical practice. He lectures often on the value of using dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) with young people. He is coauthor of Dialectical Behavior Therapy for At-Risk Adolescents and What Works with Teens.
- Author(s)Pat Harvey
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight340 g
- Width157 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.