All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first international, cross-disciplinary book to explore and understand the lives of parents with intellectual disabilities, their children, and the systems and services they encounter * Presents a unique, pan-disciplinary overview of this growing field of study * Offers a human rights approach to disability and family life * Informed by the newly adopted UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2006) * Provides comprehensive research-based kwledge from leading figures in the field of intellectual disability
- Author BiographyGwynnyth Llewellyn is Professor and Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, and Director of the Australian Family and Disability Studies Research Collaboration. Professor Llewellyn's work led to the world's first national strategy to support parents with learning difficulties and promote a healthy start to life for their young children.
Rannveig TraustadA³ttir is Professor and Director of the Centre for Disability Studies in the School of Social Sciences, University of Iceland. She has been one of the leaders in developing Disability Studies as a scholarly field in the Nordic countries and is the former president of The Nordic Network on Disability Research.
David McConnell is Professor in the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta. Professor McConnell has been conducting research in the field of parents and parenting with intellectual disabilities in Australia for over 15 years. He is now expanding his research program in Canada.
Hanna BjA¶rg SigurjA³nsdA³ttir is an Assistant Professor at the University of Iceland. She has conducted collaborative research with parents with intellectual disabilities for 15 years. Together with Rannveig Traustadttir she has published Contested Families: Parents with Intellectual Disabilities and Their Children (1998) and Invisible Families: Mothers with Intellectual Disabilities and Their Children (2001).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2010
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight444 g
- Width156 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDavid McConnell,Gwynnyth Llewellyn,Hanna Bjorg Sigurjonsdott,Rannveig Traustadottir
- Foreword bySteven J. Taylor
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.67Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64