About this product
- Product InformationIt's six short months after Pearl Harbour. Alongside the commandos, 29 year old Damien Parer lugs his heavy camera gear up and down the razorback ridges of New Guinea, filming the savage skirmishes. When Damien's film is released, the crowds line up at theatres around the block, and an Academy Award awaits. To his shock, one of the images he has filmed has been improperly released, causing a fight between himself and the Department of Information. Damien is assigned to covering 'fluff' stores, instead of the frontline - the story he must tell. in the teeming hell of jungle warfare, Damien films his masterpiece in all its shocking, intimate, frightening reality, all the while vowing to return to the woman he loves, Marie.
- TitleParer's War
- Product Release Date25/06/2014
- Theatrical Release Year2014
- Number of Discs1
- ActorsAdelaide Clemens,Alan David Lee,Alexander England,Celeste Cotton,Ian Meadows,Khan Chittenden,Lindsay Farris,Luke Ford,Matthew Le Nevez,Nathaniel Dean,Nicholas Bell,Putu Winchester,Rosie Keogh,T.J. Power,Toby Wallace
- DirectorsAlister Grierson
- Rating InfoCoarse Language And Violence,War Themes
- Primary GenreDrama
- Aspect Ratio16:9
- Main Audio TypeDolby Digital
- Video FormatPAL
Most relevant reviews
- z1244010 Jan, 2015by
True to life movie about an unsung hero. His legacy will live forever.
Found this movie to be a real eye opener about Newsreel cameraman Damien Parer. He was there with the diggers and commandos in the jungles of New Guinea capturing what today can only be described as pure gold in terms of movie footage of the war on Australia's front doorstep.
- robertziggymill...09 Nov, 2014by
VERY GOOD READ VERY GOOD ACTORS
hi this dvd doco about a man I have admired all my adult life was great I even named my son Damien after him a very strong willed man I have been to Kokoda a few times over the years n what this guy has done to bring honour to our guys in the 2nd AIF in Africa n to the 2/2 commandos on timor an to the brave but outgunned 39thh batt on the Kokoda track holding the japs up long enough for the AIF to relieve them n who can forget what a bunch of fools back in Australia to let him go with USMC only to die on Peleliu island but he was such a man that he might have met his death with australian forces anyway a very good dvd about a very brave Australian about a war fought by very brave auzzie troops.highly recommenend.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
Save on DVDs & Blu-ray Discs
- AU $31.99Trending at AU $49.59
- AU $46.99Trending at AU $92.84
- AU $33.99Trending at AU $65.20
- AU $13.50Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $83.09
- AU $92.12Trending at AU $99.39