Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis modern and hedonistic address book for men in Paris is full of tips, illustrations and photographs to entice any man to make the most of his time in the 'city of light'. Short literary texts describe Paris' many small daily pleasures for men such as smoking a cigar on a sidewalk cafe terrace, getting his shoes shined, enjoying an espresso in the morning, exploring secondhand bookshops, wandering through the city at dusk, attending a matinee screening in the cinema, renting a classic car, playing outdoor tennis, getting a stylish new haircut, having breakfast in a luxury hotel and buying a fitted suit, as well as slightly more risque activities such as casting furtive glances at women's bra straps in restaurants. The book also includes interviews with some famous Parisian men including Francois Simon, Frederic Beigbeder, Fabrice Lucchini and Edouard Baer, as well as a guide to choosing wine and whiskey, tips on how to pick out a sophisticated aftershave and information on the best cocktail bars, night clubs, cafes and secret hideaways in the city.
- Author BiographyThierry Richard is the author of a very popular blog called Chroniques du Plaisir. He also works as a food critic for several guides to Paris and as a literary journalist for the Magazine des Livres. Juliette Ranck studied photography at the Ecole Nationale Superieure Louis Lumiere (2002). She has since written for magazines, books, television and cinema, specialising in the areas of lifestyle (in particular ecological living) and food.
- Author(s)Thierry Richard
- PublisherEditions du Chene
- Date of Publication28/05/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintEditions du Chene
- Content Note200 Colour
- Weight417 g
- Width155 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Juliette Ranck
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.