Parisian Interiors: Bold, Elegant, Refined by Editions Flammarion (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $85.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBursting with color and dramatic focal points, these exceptional interiors offer exclusive access into the homes of Paris' finest art and antiques aficionados. The magic of Paris is distinctly captured in its interiors: windows are tall, and rooms have high ceilings with grand architectural details; but the real charm comes in the thoughtfully selected elements that bring those spaces to life. Paris is rife with antique collectors, art historians, architects, and interior designers who dedicate their lives to the contemplation of each element that goes into the ideal interior. Barbara and Rene Stoeltie invite us inside the private oases of twenty of the citys celebrated interiors gurus, capturing in vivid photographs these havens of perfection, brimming with inspiration for the home. While each interior is distinctly unique, they all draw from a rich historical tradition of decorative arts combined with an instinctive desire to reinvent itself, mixing the best elements from different epochs with contemporary art, bold colors, or surprising pattern combinations. The featured interiors include a wide range of styles and periods, and they offer a rare glimpse inside the Parisian homes of trendsetters such as rocker Lenny Kravitz and former Pierre Cardin designer Pierre Yovavitch. Jacques Garcias residence is full of eclectic decorating ideas, and his foreword, with its gracious d to the great Madeleine Castaing, opens this handsome volume.
- Author BiographyBarbara and Rene Stoeltie, writer and photographer respectively, have collaborated since 1984 on more than forty art and interiors books and on articles that have appeared in magazines such as The World of Interiors, Vogue, Elle, and House Beautiful. Jacques Garcia is a French architect and interior designer; Flammarion published Jacques Garcia: Decorating in the French Style (2005/2007).
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication17/01/2011
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight1860 g
- Width245 mm
- Height325 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Photographer(s)Rene Stoeltie
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $18.72New
- AU $10.89Used
- AU $24.74New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.54New
- AU $6.44Used
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $23.89New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.78Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $77.71
- AU $78.60Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
- AU $21.47Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $39.94Trending at AU $43.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.