All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Eye-popping analysis of politicians' finances...a ground-breaking study...a fascinating and important work.' Sunday Times 'Immaculately researched...A powerful reminder that reporters can serve the public good...Should make journalists proud - and may even help to make the world a better place' Peter Oborne, New Statesman Who do our politicians work for? The public, or big business? If you want to understand why British politics isn't working, the first place to start is here. Parliament Ltd reveals the financial interests that British politicians would rather you didn't hear about. From banks and private corporations, to lobbying and the arms trade, there are MPs making millions by moonlighting in second jobs. Where does their loyalty belong - to us or to their paymasters? Meanwhile - years after the expenses scandal - they are w claiming more than ever before. In his enthralling journey to the dark heart of British politics, Martin Williams exposes a hidden, shocking culture of greed and corruption.
- Author BiographyMartin Williams is a freelance investigative journalist. His work has appeared in Private Eye, the Guardian, the Observer, the Independent, and elsewhere. He hosts a live comedy show called 'Investigations', with the comedian Josie Long, which combines investigative journalism with stand-up comedy. In 2011 Martin won the Guardian's Scott Trust bursary and studied for an MA in Newspaper Journalism at City University. Before that, he read History and Politics at the University of York.
- Author(s)Martin Williams
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Weight488 g
- Width158 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.