All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShimmering lakes. Sw-capped mountains. Primeval forest where pumas haunt the shadows. Free-flowing rivers that race to the sea. This is Chile's Corcovado National Park, one of the last great wilderness areas on Earth. Rising above it all is the Corcovado volca, whose striking form has been a landmark for travellers along the Pacific coastline in southern Chile for centuries. Modern visitors to the region have called the mountain the Matterhorn of South America. In Corcovado National Park, rewned landscape photographer Antonio Vizcai captures the beauty and diversity of a magical setting almost un-touched by modern humans. Designated in 2005 by President Ricardo Lagos, the park was born of an invative public-private collaboration spurred by the largest-ever donation of private land to Chile's system of protected areas. With a foreword by Lagos and essays by other principals in the park's creation, Corcovado National Park explores the natural wonders of an extraordinary place and tells the stories of the conservationists who made certain it would remain a bastion of wild nature held in trust by the Chilean people for future generations. All proceeds from the book go towards the preservation efforts.
- Author BiographyA professional nature photographer, editor, and conservationist, Antonio Vizcaino uses beauty to help foster a new culture that respects the value of nature. By contributing these images to environmental education campaigns, Vizcaino seeks to increase protection for the extraordinary biodiversity of the Americas. Writer Tom Butler is the editorial projects director for the Foundation for Deep Ecology, and a long-time conservation activist focused on wilderness and biodiversity. Ricardo Lagos served as president of Chile from 2000 to 2006.
- Author(s)Antonio Vizcaino
- PublisherFoundation for Deep Ecology
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- Place of PublicationSausalito
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFoundation for Deep Ecology
- Content Note111 colour
- Width349 mm
- Height349 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.