All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOlivier is an aristocrat, the traumatized child of survivors of the French Revolution. Parrot the son of an itinerant printer who always wanted to be an artist but has ended up a servant. Born on different sides of history, their lives will be brought together by their travels in America. When Olivier sets sail for America, ostensibly to study its prisons but in reality to save his neck from one more revolution - Parrot is sent with him, as spy, protector, foe and foil. As the narrative shifts between the perspectives of Parrot and Olivier, and their picaresque travels together and apart - in love and politics, prisons and the world of art - Peter Carey explores the adventure of American democracy, in theory and in practice, with dazzling wit and inventiveness.
- Author BiographyPeter Carey received the Booker Prize for Oscar and Lucinda and again for True History of the Kelly Gang. His novel, Parrot and Olivier in America, was shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize and was a finalist for the National Book Award in 2010. His other honours include the Commonwealth Prize and the Miles Franklin Award. Born in Australia, he has lived in New York for twenty years. www.petercareybooks.com
- PrizesShortlisted for Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2010.
- Author(s)Peter Carey
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Out-of-print date30/03/2016
- Weight726 g
- Width161 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine37 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.