All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPartial differential equations (PDEs) are used to describe a large variety of physical phemena, from fluid flow to electromagnetic fields, and are indispensable to such disparate fields as aircraft simulation and computer graphics. While most existing texts on PDEs deal with either analytical or numerical aspects of PDEs, this invative and comprehensive textbook features a unique approach that integrates analysis and numerical solution methods and includes a third component - modeling - to address real-life problems. The authors believe that modeling can be learned only by doing; hence a separate chapter containing 16 user-friendly case studies of elliptic, parabolic, and hyperbolic equations is included, and numerous exercises are included in all other chapters.
- Author(s)J.H.M. Ten Thije Boonkkamp,R. M. M. Mattheij,S.W. Rienstra
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/1987
- Series TitleMonographs on Mathematical Modeling & Computation
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 10
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1187 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.