All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second in the series of three volumes builds upon the basic theory of linear PDE given in volume 1, and pursues more advanced topics. Analytical tools introduced here include pseudodifferential operators, the functional analysis of self-adjoint operators, and Wiener measure. The book also develops basic differential geometrical concepts, centred about curvature. Topics covered include spectral theory of elliptic differential operators, the theory of scattering of waves by obstacles, index theory for Dirac operators, and Brownian motion and diffusion.
- Author BiographyMichael E. Taylor is a Professor at University of North Carolina in the Department of Mathematics.
- Author(s)Michael E. Taylor
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/11/2010
- Series TitleApplied Mathematical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 116
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1064 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2011
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.