All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the best contributions and some more invited papers of a Conference which was organised at the University of Durban-Westville in South Africa by the Research Committee 10 Participation, Organisational Democracy & Self-Management of the International Sociological Association, and the South African Sociological Association, from 1 to 5 October 2000. The nineteen contributions come from Africa, America and Europe and cover the topic in an interdisciplinary way. A major concern within the process of globalisation being democratic participation and cultural diversity. A critique of this process and alternatives to it are presented with a number of case studies.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Gyoergy Szell, Professor at the University of Osnabrueck, Germany; Department of Social Sciences; Past President of RC 10/ISA. Dasarath Chetty, Director of Corporate Affairs, University of Durban-Westville, South Africa; Vice-President of RC 10/ISA. Alain Chouraqui, Research Director, Laboratoire d'Economie et de Sociologie du Travail, C.N.R.S., Aix-en-Provence, France; President of RC 10/ISA.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/02/2002
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleArbeit - Technik - Organisation - Soziales / Work - Technology - Organization - Society
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefig. and tab.
- Weight480 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byAlain Chouraqui,Dasrath Chetty,Gyoergy Szell
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.