All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAcross Europe there is an increasing consensus that individuals need to become more active in their own social integration process. Participation in Transition focuses on young people s motivation in their transitions from education to work. Through an analysis of case studies the book provides empirical insight into the transition experiences of young people and examines how different types of transition policies affect motivation. The key objective is to examine whether and under what conditions the principle of active participation is effective in re-motivating disengaged young people and argues that mainstream approaches to activation remain ineffective as they neglect young people s subjective realities. The book adopts an invative interdisciplinary approach that combines discrete research and policy perspectives on the labour market, youth and citizenship as well as learning and motivation. The study has been carried out in the framework of the European Group for Integrated Social Research (EGRIS).
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Andreas Walther is a senior researcher at the Institute for Regional Innovation and Social Research (IRIS) and lecturer at the Institute for Educational Studies at the University of Tubingen (Germany). Manuela du Bois-Reymond is emeritus professor for education and youth sociology at the University of Leiden (The Netherlands). Andy Biggart is a research consultant in Coleraine (Northern Ireland).
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefig. and tables
- Weight320 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byAndreas Walther,Andy Biggart,Manuela du Bois-Reymond
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.