All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe goal of participatory IT design is to set sensible, general, and workable guidelines for the introduction of new information techlogy systems into an organization. Reflecting the latest systems-development research, this book encourages a business-oriented and socially sensitive approach that takes into consideration the specific organizational context as well as first-hand kwledge of users' work practices and allows all stakeholders -- users, management, and staff -- to participate in the process. Participatory IT Design is a guide to the theory and practice of this process that can be used as a reference work by IT professionals and as a textbook for classes in information techlogy at introductory through advanced levels. Drawing on the work of a ten-year research program in which the authors worked with Danish and American companies, the book offers a framework for carrying out IT design projects as well as case studies that stand as examples of the process. The method presented in Participatory IT Design -- kwn as the MUST method, after a Danish acronym for theories and methods of initial analysis and design activities -- was developed and tested in thirteen industrial design projects for companies and organizations that included an American airline, a multinational pharmaceutical company, a national broadcasting corporation, a multinational software house, and American and Danish universities. The first part of the book introduces the concepts and guidelines on which the method is based, while the second and third parts are designed as a practical toolbox for utilizing the MUST method. Part II describes the four phases of a design project -- initiation, in-line analysis, in-depth analysis, and invation. Part III explains the method's sixteen techniques and related representation tools, offering first an overview and then specific descriptions of each in separate sections.
- Author BiographyJesper Simonsen is Associate Professor of Computer Science at Roskilde University, Denmark.
- Author(s)Finn Kensing,Jesper Simonsen,Keld Bodker
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2004
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.